Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Raspberrypi-vc Packaging 0.1 (2nd entry)

Building the package in the arm machine.

I got my Pi up and running and downloaded the spec file I used for my Pi. The BuildArch was set to armv6hl but everything is still the same. The build was successful and wrote 2 rpms. The build time was relatively slow compared to PC, of course, but it was successful.

I tried installing the rpm using $rpm -i raspberrypi-vc-debuginfo-0.1-5.rpm and got no output. No output means good output, usually in Linux. As I have told. 
For the next entry and my 0.1 release, I will finish my spec file properly and try out adding a %build section and the %install section. Also, will try to send for review.

Next entry goals (0.1 3rd entry):
  • Updated (clean) spec file.
  • Try to put something in %build and %install section.
  • Investigate the %install section from src rpm spec file.
  • 0.1 Release

No comments:

Post a Comment