Monday, November 18, 2013

Raspberrypi-vc Packaging 0.1 (1st entry)

The project I chose is packaging the raspberrypi-vc package to build from source. Here are the links necessary regarding the information about this project (includes project planning).

I started by obtaining the source rpm. The spec file was long and very complicated to understand to my level. In reviewing the specfile, I noticed a bunch of subpackages that are also being built along the process. This files are libraries and development tools. Here's how it is laid out:


each %package tag  will build a sub package. Each subpackage needed a directory containing the files necessary for the building process:



each %file needs the name of the subpackage that will be built.

The goal of the project is to make an rpm which was built from. I created a new spec file just like I did in the labs. I did it with the simplest form and with no macros just to test it out if it could work. *Note, I am using my pc to build the rpm (raspberrypi-vc is intented for arm architectures).



I copied the tags from the src specfile but I manually input the source. Just for testing purposes.
After doing $rpmbuild -ba, I got an error : make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.jDPPf5 (%build)
It means that there are no files that the command $make could identify in the %build section (make %{?_smp_mflags}). In the original spec file, the commands for %build section was not present. Thus I removed the make and the spec file was built successfully without errors.

 Wrote: /home/jfgiagonia/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/raspberrypi-vc-debuginfo-0.1-5.rpfr19.x86_64.rpm

The build from source was successful but with everything strip down. The % build and %install section was empty and there are no changelogs. The next step is try to build it on Pi.

Sources:

SBR600 Project Page -> Look for 'Change Raspberrypi-package...'










No comments:

Post a Comment