Saturday, January 4, 2014

Modifying raspberrypi-vc package(spec file)

My previous blog talked about making a new package the raspberrypi-userland. The process was pretty much straightforward but a lot of the files from the raspberrypi-vc package will conflict to it. So, I decided to just modify the raspberrypi-vc package as is.

Here's what I've done.

First, I got the source code of the raspberrypi-vc package from koji then get the source tarball from firmware. I ran the rpmbuild process to the specfile from koji and see what files were made. I found out that the whole building process was building the directory /opt/vc that will include the necessary libraries. On the other hand, the raspberrypi-userland I made, had the same goal, which was making the directory /opt/vc with exactly the same files from raspberrypi-vc. The only difference between the two is that the raspberrypi-userland included a build script and in a sense it was building from source while the other was not.

After finding out what both spec files build, I tried to combine the lines from raspberrypi-userland specfile to the raspberrypi-vc specfile. In this process we need the source files from firmware and userland and extract them to the BUILD folder so that the specfile will look into those directories in order to get the necessary files to build.

Now, the raspberry-vc specfile is now getting the files from the source(userland) instead of its own(firmware). In this sense, I have accomplished the goal to build the package from source. I just need Chris' input if this is the one( or the way) he wanted it to be. I hope it does.


Links to my specs.

raspberrypi-vc SPEC
raspberrypi-userland SPEC


No comments:

Post a Comment